This insert nut has knurling in the same direction and is mainly used for thermoset plastics.
With the heat insertion, the unidirectional knurling reduces stress on plastics.
This is particularly advantageous, for example, when there is not enough clearance from the edge of the boss.
- Inserts suitable for thermoset plastics
- Easily mounting only by press-insertion
- Less pressure on plastics and usable for heat insertion
- Full compliance with RoHS Directive
※ Standard parts Unit.ｍｍ
■ Knife Performance data (Reference)
※The data above are experimental results obtained by Micro Fasteners. They are not a guarantee of the strength of our products.
- Number of knurling: Two on the KL3.35-M2-5 and KL3.3-M2-4.1
- Please contact us if you need Pb-free material for environmental reasons.
- Pilot hole diameters are for reference only. The diameter should be determined by testing before use.
- Please contact us about the knurling design when Knife Locks are used for polycarbonate (PC) and other materials which are sensitive to residual stress.
- The diameter of the pilot hole for the mounting object should be smaller than the outer diameter of the insert (Dimension A).
- When inserts are tightened by screws, choose the screw length so that screws do not reach the bottom of insert pilot holes.
- Be careful when using a Knife Lock with a thermo-setting resin. threading the part will be tight, depending on the diameter of the pilot hole that is selected.
- The specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Please contact us if you have any other questions.